Saturday, May 22, 2021

People

While pondering over the topic of 'people' I figured out a very important thing about myself and that is: I do not like or dislike people. No really! I don't.

But I like 'me' when I am around some people, I like the way I feel around them, where I talk a lot, laugh a lot, express my inner thoughts without worrying about being observed or judged, where I am being myself without being afraid if I will be accepted or not, and then there is a bunch of people in whose company I dislike 'me', I ain't my usual self, I go quiet, I feel awkward, uncomfortable, drained, stressed, observed or judged.

As you might already know by now that I am a staunch non-believer but it doesn't bother me to be around believers, commonality is not what adds to my comfort, I can be a polar opposite from the other person and yet feel at home around them, so much so that I can express my polar opposite thoughts without having to think twice. The company I am with doesn't have to be perfect, sensible, most intelligent or awesome for me to like 'me'.

In a nutshell - I know how to ignore people's whimsies when I don't have to curb mine :-)

Do you see what I am saying? Does that happen to you? Do you like or dislike 'you' when around certain people and not necessarily like or dislike the people you are with? And but obviously, I base my relationships based on how I like 'me' with the person more than how the person is with me. I think you get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment