Saturday, October 17, 2020
Love stays, relationships finish, and sometimes they last forever. Most of us have experienced it. Celebrate when it does but lovingly release it when it doesn’t.
Don't get sucked into negative relationships, burn the bridges, and move on. The most difficult part is knowing when to do that.
Friday, October 16, 2020
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Are there many small deaths in a lifetime? There is plenty to heal and a lot of letting go to be done.
Are we meant to seek permanence? but we are always growing, dying, and being reborn so change is the only constant.
Each one of us is just incredible works in progress.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
Saturday, September 26, 2020
1. I let myself be and I let people be.
2. I am a creature of habit and discipline, I do not like too many unpredictable things happening.
3. I do not do anything that does not bring me joy or rather I avoid doing the unnecessary things that bring me drama and stress.
4. If I don't want to do something, my answer is, "No!". "No" is the shortest complete sentence. It does not bother me even if people say straight away No.
5. I am not committed to making other people happy, especially the ones who have bizarre expectations and weirdest possible objections, it is impossible to make such people happy. The only people I am committed to making happy is me and my near n dear ones.
6. I have always been a voracious reader, but I do not read anything and everything, life is too short to read crap.
7. I do not switch on the TV for months in a row, I very rarely miss it.
8. I spend approximately 2 minutes each day on social media. I am subscribed to only 4 people on it. But I do spend about 30 minutes every week reading a few blogs that I like.
9. I type the blog posts and then they get published when they do. Like I am writing this post on April 2nd, 2018, I don't know when it will get scheduled to be published.
10. I recycle content and post ages-old articles from my old blog (rasikam.blogspot.com), no one notices that they are from 2005/2006, so works out for me ;-).
So what is the lesson here? None. Do what makes sense to you at that moment and brings you joy.
Friday, September 25, 2020
Saturday, September 19, 2020
1. Emotional stability is great for everyday life but it sucks for writing. Because when nothing is bothering you, or getting on your nerves, what does one write about? But I guess I don't need to worry about that for years, my mind is always overworking, there is enough material to sustain this blog for years to come ;-)
2. Can I tell you a little secret? I take outfit posts for days in a row and then I don't for months, I get lazy to step out to take pictures when it is dark, gloomy, and cold. I still am able to sustain this blog because it's frequency is once or twice a week.
3. Even though I have been writing a blog for last so many years, my ultimate dream is to be a regular YouTuber, make videos and talk nonstop, about books, movies, issues, or anything that is on my mind.