Saturday, January 25, 2020

9 books that stayed with me. 1


  1. Batatyachi Chaal - Pu. La. Deshpande

I did my schooling in Marathi medium so the obvious choice of books for me was Marathi. I started reading ‘Chandoba’, ‘Champak’, king queen stories then followed by treasure hunt books like ‘Khajinyacha Shodh’. My reading did not evolve from that phase for a long time.

Then it happened that my eldest brother would read a book in the evenings and laugh out loud. I noticed that the books that he was reading were written by Pu. La. Deshpande. So out of curiosity, I picked up one of his books called ‘Batatyachi Chaal’, to find out why my otherwise serious brother laughed so much.

When I read Batatyachi Chaal it opened a new exciting avenue of books for me. I read all the books by Pu. La. and then by some amazing Marathi writers, Va. Pu. Kale and Suhas Shirwalkar are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment