Wednesday, November 8, 2017

What the health! Part 14 - How to lose weight and stay healthycontinued...



This is part 14 of ‘What the health’ series. You can find earlier parts here – part1part2part3part4,  part 5part 6part 7part 8,  part 9, part 10, part 11, part12, part13

Diet (3)

8. Use of medication - I popped in loads of pills for all my health troubles. As evolved beings, it is our way of dealing with health. Who has the time and patience to decipher the cause of an ailment and make minor changes to bring the body back to equilibrium when it is so much simpler to just pop a pill and banish your symptoms while the disease surreptitiously festers away? I did not want to spend time being sick, who does? So antihistamines, antibiotics, painkillers, sleep medication, cold medications and such were my constant companions. But remember... medicines cause bad side effects, it is as bad as junk food and alcohol. I should have fixed the troubles by taking a step back, by giving my body some rest, and with natural remedies, by fixing my diet, stress levels, routine, sleep pattern, etc., instead I relied on medicines. But the thing that I used to fix my health issues turned out to be the cause of my biggest problems later on. I would say avoid medicines as much as you can. Try herbal medicines (Ayurveda) if you have to.

to be continued...



Jeans: Abercrombie and Fitch


Sweater: Modcloth


Shoes: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment