Saturday, March 14, 2020

9 books that stayed with me. 8

8. Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

Before I read this book I had never read the genre called chick-lit -  The genre often addresses issues of modern womanhood – from romantic relationships to female friendships to matters in the workplace – in humorous and lighthearted ways. Chick-lits became my guilty pleasure, however, I haven’t found a better writer in this genre than Sophie Kinsella. Sometimes I do hate the women characters in her books - who by chance meet millionaire bachelors and end up becoming rich and whatnot, but I still read all her books. Finding Audrey is one of my favorites. Fiona Gibson is another writer that I like in this genre.



1 comment:

  1. sometimes get this thought, (only for some genre)someone should read it loud for you ... but the beauty of reading on your own has its own charm, someone else's thought lingers on your mind in your own voice and imagination...

    ReplyDelete