Saturday, March 7, 2020

9 books that stayed with me. 7

7. The Inimitable Jeeves


My father had the entire set of P.G. Wodehouse books at home, I was too curious to read P.G. but had doubts if I will understand it, considering it is the British comedy. Sometimes without even trying something we unnecessarily feel that we won’t be able to do it. So anyway, before reading P.G. I watched the TV show ‘Jeeves and Wooster’ - it gave me an idea of the mannerism, style, lifestyle that the British at that point of time had. After watching the show I started reading P.G. and now I am a complete fan. He has written 100+ books and I want to read them ALL.

P.G. has filled my life with humor, I read at least ten pages of P.G. before going to bed, it relaxes my mind before sleeping. Life is so playful, silly, light and fun if we look at that side of it. If I ever write a book then my style would be largely influenced by P.G.

Some great books by P. G. are The code of Woosters, Right Ho Jeeves, Carry on Jeeves, Stiff upper Lip Jeeves, Joy in the morning, Aunts aren't gentlemen, How right you are Jeeves, Thank you Jeeves, Very Good Jeeves, Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit, The mating season, Ring for Jeeves, Laughing gas, The girl in blue, Big Money, and many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment