Saturday, July 20, 2019

Book Reviews. 2017. 3

Reviewing books that I read in 2017:

11. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty 

I did not like the book but absolutely loved the show on HBO, which would be an ideal example of how to adapt books for TV shows. 3/5.

12. My not so perfect life - Sophie Kinsella

I read all her books, does not mean I like all of them :-). 2/5.

13. Space Chronicles: Facing the ultimate frontier - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tyson illuminates the past, present, and future of space exploration and brilliantly reminds us why NASA matters now as much as ever. I loved the book. 5/5.

14. My Man Jeeves - P.G. Wodehouse

My father has read all of Wodehouse books. And I want to. I am short of words to express what a legendary writer he is. Wodehouse is my favorite author when it comes to wordplay. His writing has a very natural flow, and even though the stories are set in the British context, you feel very close to his characters. The only other author who made me laugh so hard was P. L. Deshpande. Wodehouse's stories are charmingly simple and yet delightfully funny. 5/5.

15. All the missing girls - Megan Miranda

A very well rated book on Goodreads, but I failed to understand all that hoopla around it. 2/5.





No comments:

Post a Comment