Saturday, December 8, 2018

Women: 2. The Housewife





This is the second part of the series. Earlier part - Part 1.


The Housewife


You have decided to be a housewife, okay, that is fine, but that does not mean it is something to be glorified. Just so you know I would have had the same opinion even if I was a 'housewife'. Someone sent me a forward that idolized the housewife, how she keeps the house clean, cooks and when her husband comes home all tired she welcomes him with a smile... something of that sort... you get the gist. If doing all this is making you happy, good for you! but again please don't glorify it.


From what I have seen women who go out and about, work in the real world are dealing with more prolific issues than if my bathroom sink looks spotless, they are facing more challenges, they are managing things better, most of them have their own share of responsibilities on the home front which they manage well too.


There are so many women out there that I have seen who manage a job, household chores, kids, exercise along with their hobbies. Just the other day one of my friends, working girl with kids, told me she wakes up at 4:30 every day to be able to achieve all of the above.


To be continued...






Jeans: American Eagle, Tee: Loft, Vegan (faux) Leather Jacket: Blank NYC, Shoes: Nine West








No comments:

Post a Comment