Wednesday, November 29, 2017

What the health: Part 20 - How to stay healthy continued ...



This is part 20 of ‘What the health’ series. You can find earlier parts here – part1part2part3part4,  part 5part 6part 7part 8,  part 9, part 10, part 11, part12, part13, part14, part15, part16, part 17, part18, part19

Mental health (2) - Mental health is as much important as physical health.

2. Meditation - Meditation helps a lot with releasing anxiety and stress - it also helps with a better quality of sleep. You don't need any Guru or spiritual organization to teach you meditation. Some people sit and meditate on their own, it doesn't work for me, I like guided meditations, like the ones which are available on an app called InsightTimer, Glenn Harrold being my favorite. I am sure there are other apps/ videos on which you will find guided meditations.

3. People and negativity - I go through stress if I have negative people around me, I can not function in such surroundings, even at work. I do like to be around positive, easy-going people (who are not full of hatred, jealousy, negativity or comparison) and I have written many posts on the traits that I do not like (rasikam.blogspot.com) - bullies, vampires, gossipmongers, male chauvinist pigs, negative people (we all have these traits - I am talking about the extreme cases here).

Weed out the negative people slowly from your life, the world is full of nice people that you will stumble upon every inch/ every corner and will be able to form new friendships. There is no need to be associated with people who are giving you humiliating, insulting or degrading treatment or the ones who do not give a shit about you. My life and headspace feel so much sorted since I decided enough is enough, that I am going to stand up against and not give in to any of these beastly creatures.

Cutaway toxic people and relationships, move away from situations and things and events that make you feel negative. Discuss ideas and not people, don't hang out with people to kill time - first check if your wavelength matches, society and socializing can make you feel drained or feeling empty, socializing is a boon and much needed when it leaves you feeling light and joyous in your heart, don’t let the insecurity, jealousy, and negativity of other people affect you or dent you no matter how much you want to react, you can not stop your life from moving on to react to people who don’t matter to you at all, insecure and negative people will try and pull you down always, keep moving forward offering them silent good wishes. 








Dress: tjmaxx

Shoes: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment