Thursday, March 10, 2016

Leather


Numerous animals are killed to satisfy taste buds of humans, providing for our fashion statements should be the last thing animals are killed for. I understand that for many of us branded handbags/shoes/belts (like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, Coach) are a status-style-andWhatNot symbol but still check out this video to gain some insight on where leather comes from - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcVDSSqdkFs

I try my best to buy non leather products, companies have to specify on the label if it is manmade polyester or real leather. Quality-wise manmade polyester products are as good as real leather. Most of the products that you see on this blog are vegan/faux leather. I admit to buying leather products at a time when I was ignorant about how the leather industry works. And yes, I am guilty of owning those fancy handbags, those will never make it to this blog. If you see any leather products - brands on this blog then they were bought a long time back and I am in no way promoting the use of leather. 
 I am not asking you to give up what you already have but I urge all the readers of this blog to minimize buying leather products. Again, please check out the video and make an informed decision.

Black turtleneck: Banana Republic
Vegan leather jacket: Blank NYC
Red Pant: American Eagle
Black Shoes: Vaneli (manmade)



No comments:

Post a Comment